My mom always complains that I create a mess when I am at kitchen. Well, as they say “A tidy laboratory means a lazy chemist”. I love to play with different spices and herbs when I am at kitchen, you never know what big new invention can happen. And one such incident happened one day when I was trying my hands with a recipe of lemon chicken that my friend’s husband had shared.
I tried this recipe again yesterday for lunch and my whole family loved this finger-licking dish. The lemony flavour in this recipe when adds to the herbs and chicken, doesn’t just gives the it a acidity but a succulent flavour.Try this recipe at home and your family if ever doubt your cooking skills, would go gaga over your talent.
Cooking time: 30 mins
- Chicken 500gms,
- Onion paste,
- Ginger matchstick sliced,
- Ginger,garlic and green chilli paste-1/3 small cup,
- Black pepper whole-1 tsp
- Coarse black pepper-3 tsp,
- Bay leaves-2,
- Salt to taste
- red chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- Chilli flakes
- Lemon zest of 1/2 lemon
- Lemon juice of 1 lemon
- Butter 1/2 cup
- Olive oil 1 tsp
- Take a pan, heat it and add butter and oil to it. Now add sliced ginger,bay leaves and black pepper to the oil, fry the ginger.
- Add Onion paste and fry it till it gets light brown. Then add the ginger, garlic and green chilli paste and cook it for 5 mins.
- Add salt and black pepper coarse to the paste. Add lemon zest and all the herbs i.e., rosemary,half of oregano, half of chilli flakes,sage,basil,parsley and lemon juice.
- Now add chicken and mix it well, Now add red chilli powder and mix again.
- Put a lid on and cook for 15-20 mins, make sure you give it a stir in between.
- Now add the remaining oregano and chilli flakes give it a mix and serve.
Lemon chicken is ready to serve, serve it with bread and lots of love 😍😍😍